Volunteers and Docents are of vital importance to Clark Gardens and their support is deeply appreciated. Following is a list of the volunteer jobs and descriptions.
If you are interested in volunteering at Clark Gardens, complete this Volunteer Application Form and either fax it to us or bring it by our office. The list of Volunteer Job Descriptions is also available for download and printing.
1. Tour Guides
- Guide guest(s) in the Gardens.
- Give walking tours.
- Cart Tours.
2. Garden Greeters/Admission Booth
- Greet tour bus groups.
- Pass out maps, give directions and answer questions.
- Help at Admission booth.
3. Office Work
- Help get mailers ready.
- Answer the phone.
- Make copies.
- Make a scrapbook of our published articles and pictures of the Gardens.
6. G-Scale Trains
- Help in the train station.
- Run the trains.
- Build the sets.
7. Educational Programs
- Help with field trips - all age children.
- Help develop educational programs.
- A BACKGROUND CHECK WILL BE RUN ON ANYONE WORKING WITH CHILDREN.
8. Special Events
- Help guide guests in the Gardens.
- Answer questions.
- Assist with parking.
- Provide educational programming at special events.
9. Gift Shop
- Assist customers.
- Use the cash register.
- Stock inventory.
- All aspects of retail work.
Clark Gardens is in search of a few dependable volunteers to work in our Gift Shop. Volunteers will be trained to greet visitors, collect admission fees using a cash register and to sell both plants and merchandise.
Volunteers are needed for the following shifts:
- Thursday - Saturday, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Sunday, 11:00 am to 4:00 pm
Volunteers who are interested must sign up for a minimum of two shifts per month. Please call or email or 940-682-4856.