Note: New Hours
|Arbor Day and Arbor Day Poster Competition|
Clark Gardens Garden Club invites you and your 4th and 5th grade students to participate in the Clark Gardens Arbor Day Poster Contest. The purpose of the program is to build awareness of Arbor Day and appreciation for trees with emphasis on native trees in Parker and Palo Pinto County.
Teaching objectives of the curriculum involve the following five concepts:
Each concept has a 45 minute lesson plan, designed to be taught by the classroom teacher daily during the week. The program culminates with students producing a poster. Your Clark Gardens Garden Club liaison will pick up posters and members of the Clark Gardens Garden Club will judge each entry. Each school will have only one winner.
All participating teachers will receive a tree sapling for their own personal use and four one-time admissions to Clark Gardens. Each winning student's classroom teacher will receive an annual family membership for four to Clark Gardens along with a $50 gift certificate to the Clark Gardens Gift Shop.
All participating students will receive a Certificate of Participation and a one-time admission to Clark Gardens.
Teachers are assigned a Clark Gardens Garden Club representative who acts as their liaison with Clark Gardens. The liaison is available to answer questions, pick up posters and notify teachers of winners. Once your registration form has been received by Clark Gardens, you will be notified with the name and contact information for your liaison.
The liaison will communicate with each participating teacher to discuss presentation of certificates, awards and plan for planting tree on school campus.
Clark Gardens Garden Club Arbor Day Poster Contest Local Competition Rules
1. All posters must be original artwork created by a student in the fourth or fifth grade.
2. The student's first and last name must be written or signed in the upper, right-hand corner on the back of the poster.
3. a) Posters may be done in marker, crayon, watercolor, ink, acrylic, colored pencil and/or tempura paint.
4. Posters must be no smaller than 81/2" x 11" and no larger than 11" x 17".
5. Posters must be done on paper that will allow for duplication, display and framing. In addition, posters should not be matted, mounted, laminated, framed, or folded.
6. The poster must be related to the contest theme in some way. The theme, Trees are Terrific...in All Shapes and Sizes! must be on the poster. All words on the poster must be spelled correctly!
7. Teachers and/or schools participating in the competition sponsored by Clark Gardens Garden Club must register with Clark Gardens by March 29, 2013. Posters will be picked up from each school by a Clark Gardens Garden Club representative on May 7, 2013 by end of school day. Posters will be judged by panel of Clark Garden Garden Club appointed judges and all results are final.
8. Each school will have ONE winner regardless of grade.
9. Local prizes for students, schools and teachers include:
Registration for the competition has closed.